Saturday 21 July 2012

interjection/hlib!

Hello.

That's an interjection. An interjection is a word expressing emotion. Like this:

uh, eh....

or the aforementioned

Hello.

Grammar is fun. Back to this: a new word that is interjection-worthy because it's got an exclamation mark.

Take note: If you are talking to your chef about making a summer berry pie, chatting to you cat while tending blackberry hedges, having a fight at a family barbecue, giving out to the poor checkout girl for giving you $100 instead of two $50s (Jeez, it's all money, lady, calm down), being given out to for crocheting a sock wrong, muttering abuse while cleaning up after a concert, playing a tree in a play, or addressing parliament (that's for all my politician readers out there), let me Interject momentarily.

Thing is, I've been thinking about my current non-student existence, and I have realised something momentous. I have therefore decided to Interject on your life by declaring it to you.

You're welcome.

This is it:

Hlib!

(it means, Holiday Life Is Boring, condensed for your convenience into an interjection. Now that's what I call something.)

To back up this interjection, look at this. I watched Bridget Jones last night for the 400th time, ate my way through an entire packet of biscuits (almost), and drank like, a bottomless cup of tea. And then I went to bed before 12 because I had an early start. How drab. Also, am reading a book I've already read. Hlib indeed.

That's all. Have a bon something.

(Hey, interjections are meant to be short. I'm also in the middle of a delicious mint-hued sort of caramel confection. I'm a very busy person.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...